The Events report allows you to track what events are more likely for users coming from specific traffic source, what kind of audience is attracted by the advertising campaign, how changes in the application affect the influx of users from a particular region.
The Events report provides a list of the actions that users perform in the application. Collecting information about user activity is important for quality product analysis. AppMetrica allows you to track any events and configure their structure (see Adding custom events).
- track what events are more likely for users coming from the specific traffic source.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of an advertising campaign that is aimed at motivating the user.
- Evaluate how different the user experience is for owners of tablets and smartphones.
Sending events must first be configured in the application code. Available for:
Clicking on an event allows you to fall into the attributes of an event.
The report allows you to pull out certain users by defining data segments.
To build a report, you need to choose the time period, the audience segment, and the grouping type. By default, the report shows the number of active and new users over a one-week period, grouped by date.
The report is formed for a specific time period. The default period is one week, but you can set the value manually. To set a range of dates, click the calendar drop-down . The selected time interval can be grouped by hours, days, weeks, or months.
The following metrics are available for analysis:
- By default, the report shows the "Users" metric. In this column, you can select one of the following metrics:
Note. The variation of this ratio changes all the other relevant.
- The number of devices that had at least one session during the selected period. Background activity is ignored.
- The number of unique event senders. Background activity of the app is taken into account.
- Events amount
- The number of events sent by devices.
- Events per user
- The ratio of the number of events to the number of active devices in the selected period.
- % users
- The percentage of devices that completed the event relative to the total number of devices.
The report interface also displays the following:
- The color key of metrics on the chart. Use it to show or hide a metric on the chart.
- The traffic source selection for the chart. Use it to choose the metric to show on the chart: users, new users or percentage of new users.
- Value type selector: absolute values or percentages.
You can export data by choosing an item from the Export dropdown list above the chart. The data is exported based on the selected report settings: segmentation, grouping, and time period.
The dropdown list contains the following elements:
- Export as CSV — Exports the data from the table in the CSV format.
- Chart as PNG — Exports the chart image in the PNG format.
- Chart as CSV — Exports the data from the chart in the CSV format.
- Copy table API request — Displays the query text for exporting data from the table using the Reporting API. You can use this query to build your own dashboard or create automated data export scripts.Note. If you are getting the text of the query for the first time, make sure that the browser doesn't block the pop-up authorization window. In the authorization window, allow AppMetrica to access the data.
- Copy chart API request — Displays the query text for exporting data from the chart using the Reporting API. You can use this query to build your own dashboard or create automated data export scripts.Note. If you are getting the text of the query for the first time, make sure that the browser doesn't block the pop-up authorization window. In the authorization window, allow AppMetrica to access the data.