Configuring an Android application to send push notifications
Step 1. Create a project in Firebase
Go to the Firebase Console and choose an action:
- Enter a name for the project.
- Select the country your organization is officially registered in and click Create project.
- In the drop-down list, select the name of the project you are planning to run push campaigns for.
- Select the country your organization is officially registered in and click Add Firebase.
- Click Add Firebase to your Android app and follow the instructions.
Step 2. Configure AppMetrica to work with FCM
Get a server key for using Firebase Cloud Messaging:
- In the Firebase Console, select the project you are planning to run push campaigns for.
- In the menu on the left, click next to the project name and go to the Project settings section.
- Go to the Cloud Messaging tab.
- In the Project keys section, copy the Server key value.
Use this key in the AppMetrica interface:
- In the Applications section, select the app that you want to run push campaigns for.
- In the menu on the left, select Settings.
- Go to the Push notifications tab.
- In the Android section, enter the value you copied from the Firebase Console in Server key and click Submit.