Configuring tracking for Google Ads campaigns
AppMetrica allows you to track Google Ads advertising campaigns.
To enable tracking, you should link the AppMetrica and Google Ads accounts via the link identifier that is used for attributing the installation source.
This section explains the steps for setting up AppMetrica tracking to work with Google Ads ad campaigns:
Step 1. Get the Google Ads link ID
Create a link to AppMetrica for advertised app in the Google Ads web interface:
- Sign in to the Google Ads account.
- Click the tool icon in the upper right corner and go the .
- Find the Third-party app analytics menu item and click Details.
- Click Create link ID if you link accounts for the first time, or the + button if your account already linked AppMetrica or other third-party app analytics accounts.
- In the App analytics provider drop-down list, select Other provider. Specify the provider ID AppMetrica — 1444794547.
- Select the platform of the mobile app.
- Find the advertised application using the search field.
- Click Create link ID.
- Copy the received link ID and use it when creating a tracker in AppMetrica.
Step 2. Create a tracker in AppMetrica
Create a tracker in the AppMetrica interface. Pay special attention to the following settings:
- Go to the Campaign details section and choose Google Ads as a media source.
- In the section that opens, fill in the Link id field.
- (Optional) To track conversions in the Google Ads interface, configure sending target events in the Postback settings. For more information, see Creating a tracker.
Step 3. Import conversionsAfter your ad campaign launches, import the events in the Google Ads interface:
- Click in the upper right corner and go the .
- Click + to add a conversion.
- Select Continue. and click
- Select the
first_openevent of the advertised application.Note. You can also select target events to send via postback.
- Click Import and continue.