Conducting advertising campaigns
Creation and review
- Form an input data structure and set campaign parameters.
In the StartDate parameter, you may specify a future date. Impressions start automatically when this date takes effect, provided the moderator has approved the ad and funds have been transferred to the campaign balance.
- Call the CreateOrUpdateCampaign method and input the prepared structure.
- Use the CreateOrUpdateBanners method to create ads (banners).
- Use the ModerateBanners method to submit ads for moderation.
If the moderator approved at least one ad, the campaign parameter StatusModerate takes the value “Yes”. After this, funds can be transferred to the campaign balance.
- There are two ways to make deposits to the campaign balance:
Stopping and restarting
- To stop displaying a particular ad, call the StopBanners method.
- To stop displaying all the ads in a campaign, call the StopCampaign method.
- To start displaying an ad again, call the ResumeBanners method.
- To restart a campaign, call the ResumeCampaign method.
- To stop and restart displays for separate keywords, call the Keyword (Live) method.
Archiving and unarchiving
Campaigns and ads can be moved to the archive, after they have been stopped. If they are needed again in the future, they can be extracted from the archive.
- To archive a campaign, stop it and call the ArchiveCampaign method.
It may take several minutes to move it to the archive. During this time, the StatusArchive parameter has the value “Pending”, and when the transfer is complete, the value is “Yes”.
- To unarchive a campaign, call the UnArchiveCampaign method.