Version of the MapKit SDK
New MapKit versions contain improvements and fixes for issues. We recommend that you always use the latest available version.
The MapKit version number consists of three numbers, such as 3.0.0. For each update, the MapKit version number increases according to these rules:
- The first number increases for major changes to the API architecture and the loss of compatibility at the API level.
- The second number increases when backward compatibility with prior versions is lost at the application level.
- The third number increases for a new version that is backward compatible.
The first two numbers indicate the major version (for example, 3.0), and all three numbers together represent the minor version (for example, 3.0.0).
List of versions
- MapKit SDK 3.2 (December 7, 2018)
- Error with the MapObject.
- A number of other errors when working with the map.
- ContextLost error when working on the emulator.
- GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY error in com.yandex.runtime.view.internal.PlatformViewBinding.onRender.
- Error when working with the local cache in offline mode while updates are available.
- Pins disappearing when you click Apply.
- MapKit SDK 3.1.2 (November 1, 2018)
- Improved map performance.
- Improved LocationPreprocessor working speed.
- Fixed a crash when using urlProvider.
- Fixed possible application hang when updating traffic jams.
- MapKit SDK 3.1 (October 17, 2018)
- Arm64 and x86 builds were added for Android.
- You can add any View object to the map.
- Bicycle routing was added.
- Nullable annotation were added for Android.
- MapKit is split into parts:
- MapKit — map only;
- MapKit Directions — vehicle routing;
- MapKit Transport — pedestrian routing, public transport routing, and bicycle routing;
- MapKit Search — search and geocoding;
- MapKit Places — panoramas.
- Nullable annotations for iOS are now more strict.
- A number of issues were fixed.
- Performance was improved.
- MapKit SDK 3.0 — archive version (March 15, 2018)
Stable operation of MapKit requires:
- Android 4.0.3 (API Level 15) or later
- iOS 9 or later