How to get started
Minimum system requirements:
- SDK version 14
- Android Studio 2.0 and later
Create a new app
- Start Android Studio.
If you haven't used Android Studio on your computer yet and it shows the welcome screen, click Start a new Android Studio project.
If Android Studio was already in use and you see the main window of the program, choosein the menu.
- In the window that opens, enter the project name, domain, and directory where the project will be located. Click Next.
- In the Phone and Tablet section, select “API 14: Android 4.0 (IceCreamSandwich)” from the drop-down list. Click Next.
- Then choose “Basic Activity” and click Next.
- Enter a name for the Activity, then click Next and Finish.
- After this, Android Studio opens the newly created project.
Connecting the SpeechKit SDK
- Open the project dependency management window: in the main menu, choose Dependencies tab open.. You will see the project settings window with the
- Click to the left of the list of dependencies and choose Library dependency in the menu.
- In the window that opens, enter the library name and version
com.yandex.android: speechkit: 3.12.2. Click OK. The library appears in the list of project dependencies. Click OK again.