My site now has Turbo pages
- What are Turbo pages and how are they generated?
Turbo pages are light versions of your site's pages that open quickly on mobile devices. According to Yandex data, more than 40% of users use 3G internet connections. At this speed, basic versions of site pages can take up to 15 seconds to load. Turbo pages load about 15 times faster than pages from the original site version. For more information, see About Turbo page technology.
You can change the page header appearance, edit CSS styles, and add elements. For more information, see Additional settings.
- Why should I use Turbo pages?
- Turbo pages load faster than basic or mobile versions of site pages. The faster the site loads, the more likely the user is to stay on the page and find the information needed.
- The load on the server is lower. When a Turbo page is formed, its content is cached and stored on the Yandex server. When the user opens a Turbo page, it loads from the same server.
- This technology helps to adapt pages to mobile devices without editing the code.
- Page changes are tracked automatically.
For more information, see About technology.
- Where Turbo pages are displayed
- Automatically generated Turbo pages are used:
- In Yandex search results.
- In the Yandex.Zen feed, if you post there.
For Turbo pages to start displaying, turn on the display in Yandex.Webmaster.
- How do I view examples of Turbo pages?
You can do this in Yandex.Webmaster:
- In Yandex.Webmaster, go to thepage.
- In the Autoparsing section, click the Examples button. A window opens with several examples of Turbo pages generated for your site.
- How do I edit a generated Turbo page?
You can send information for the Turbo page through the RSS feed. The content you send for a Turbo page must match the main content of the source page on your site.
- Do the web analytics tags installed on the site work on Turbo pages?
- If tracking tags are installed on your site, they aren't added to the Turbo version of the pages automatically. Add popular tags to all generated Turbo pages in Yandex.Webmaster.
- Are the ads placed on the site shown on the Turbo pages?
If you use ads on your site, they are not shown on Turbo versions of your pages automatically. Add advertising in Yandex.Webmaster. It is displayed on all Turbo pages generated for your site.
- I already send the RSS feed for generating Turbo pages. Are Turbo pages created automatically for my site?
If you already send the RSS feed for the Turbo pages generation, Autoparsing can form the missing pages automatically.
If one site page has two Turbo versions (one from the RSS feed and one that was automatically generated), the priority is given to the version generated via the RSS feed.